On Sale Now! Save 2% on the EMD Millipore 1.05570.0001 Aluminium Backed Classical Silica TLC Plate, Silica Gel 60 F254, 10cm W x 20cm L (Pack of 25) by Millipore at Microscope Universe. MPN: 1.05570.0001. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Silica gel is the most universal adsorbent used in TLC because it covers almost every type of separation by suitable choice of the mobile phase. EMD Millipore classical silica TLC plates are based on proven EMD Millipore silica gel 60 with a pore diameter of 60 Å, a pore volume of 0.8 mL/g and a specific surface of 520 m2/g (BET). The unique polymeric binder results in a very adherent and hard surface that will not crack or blister and even allows writing with a pencil on the surface without ri
Product Description & Reviews
Silica gel is the most universal adsorbent used in TLC because it covers almost every type of separation by suitable choice of the mobile phase. EMD Millipore classical silica TLC plates are based on proven EMD Millipore silica gel 60 with a pore diameter of 60 Å, a pore volume of 0.8 mL/g and a specific surface of 520 m2/g (BET). The unique polymeric binder results in a very adherent and hard surface that will not crack or blister and even allows writing with a pencil on the surface without risk of damaging the layer. The smooth and dense plate surface guarantees sharp bands for maximum separation efficiency with lowest background noise, e.g. when performing scanning densitometry. Classical silica TLC plates have either a layer thickness of 250 µm (glass plates) or 200 µm (aluminum, plastic plates) and a mean particle size of 10 - 12 µm. They are available glass, aluminum or plastic backed in a broad range of different sizes to suit many application needs. The flexible backed aluminum or plastic plates can easily be cut with scissors to match individual separation requirements.
Features & Highlights
- For UV detection of colorless substances, plates with two kinds of fluorescent indicator are available: green fluorescing F254 (manganese activated zinc silicate) or blue fluorescing F254s (magnesium wolframate).
- In addition, F254s is highly stable in acidic solvent systems. Both indicators fluorescence in UV light at an excitation wavelength of 254 nm.
- Samples which absorb short-wave UV at 254 nm are detected due to fluorescence quenching.
- Specially developed high-fluorescence LuxPlates contain a higher content of fluorescent indicator for further improved identification of separate zones.
- In addition, the higher amount of binder results in an even more robust and abrasion-resistant surface.
Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC)
4.33 x 0.71 x 8.19 inches
Have questions about this item (1.05570.0001), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Millipore, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: 10 x 10 GF254, ean: 5282799502568,
PRODUCT UPDATE: For all orders after 08/01/2019, you will be receiving the improved new batches, that have brighter 254nm fluorescence for best visualization of your compound spots. Several older batches had a weaker fluorescence background (plates s...
mpn: ML02043159, ean: 9002825953890,
Tansoole Experiment Chromatography Silica Gel Plate Lab 100×200MM Qualitative Quantitative Analysis Supplies Product description: Product Name: Chromatography silica gel plate GF254 silica gel plate: A: Model: 100×200mm,Thickness: 0.2-0.25mm,Quanti...
mpn: G-2.5x7.5(80), ean: 0649383763111,
1. This series of thin silica plate inlucde TLC(particle size 10-40μm) and HPTLC(particle size 8±2um≥80%).layer thickness is 200-250μmPH: 6.2-6.8SX=32. The pruducts include 4 models: G, GF254, H, HF254G model: with calcined plaster,without fluor...
Preparative TLC plates have adsorbent layers thicker than the 250 micron layers normally used for analytical separations. Thus, preparative plates can be used for separation of larger quantities of materials. The loading capacity for a given degree o...